Jack the Ripper

Throne Room

174 posts in this topic

Throne Room

The seat of power in the scrapyard is a junk processing building converted into a large empty space where meeting and assemblies are held. The throne is a twisted creation made of hammered car parts and decorated with the bones of dead wasteland beasts. The throne room has doors that lead directly to the Pit and the Red corner. Jack very rarely leaves this section of the Scrapyard, and anyone in the group is allowed to seek an audience with him. There are two Sentry Bots outside the main doors of the Throne Room, as well as two more on either side of Jack. One side of the Throne Room is used as a personal recreation and relaxation area for Jack and his lieutenants, including a pool table, card table, dart board, radio system with loudspeakers, and a powered bar with cold drinks. Sometimes this area is open to lower ranking Raiders as a reward for good work or displays of strength.

Mackenzie walks up to the throne room seeking a audience with Jack, Mackenzie always viewed Jack ( from what he has heard ) the strongest raider in every way he wishes to seek a audience to spar with Jack he wants to improve as much as he can and although it seems like suicide he thinks if he can train with the best everything and everyone else will not be as tough of a opponent he knows this is a slim chance but he doesnt want to be weaker than he could be just becuase of some fear.

Mackenzie is not trying to beat Jack to gain anything else he respects Jack and is grateful to him for giving him a chance with being a raider, he just wants to be stronger, if Jack will indulge him. 

Edited by Mackenzie

After 2 days straight for waiting Mackenzie leaves and apologizes for the annoyance.

The next day he come back it is the pit and Mackenzie seeks an audience with Jack because he wants the stranger to become ferals slave before he is allowed to be a full raider for the reason of feral helped him out every step of the way and the slaveship should last until feral sees fit for him to be a raider.

Feral led Yetti to the Throne Room excited at the prospect of a hunt. Although the psychotic preteen enjoyed releasing her vicious side in a frantic Scourge raid, she enjoyed more the calm of a creature hunt. In many ways she considered herself a hunter before a raider for beasts were much more challenging prey than humans to her.

As Feral entered through the big front doors into the throne room, she saw the big man named Sledge playing pool with several of his compatriots and whispered to Yetti, "There Stranger," As she pointed to the man as he readied a shot with his pool cue.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

He stepped up to the man and looked down at the pool table as he took aim, and proceeds to ask him. "Alright, I'm here, and I'm ready to talk about that job I owe you for killing the things you guys threw at me." He looks up at him and leans against the table, waiting on his response intently.

Sledge pauses and glances over at Yetti. He lets out a quiet grunt and smirks. "Feral, the fuck are you dragging this meat-bag in here during our downtime?" He hits the cue ball and sends it into his target, though misses the corner pocket by a fraction of an inch.

He sighs and stands up, turning to face Yetti directly. "Alright then. Tomorrow a couple of the boys and myself are heading out to the South. Spotted some fresh dug tunnels in that area a few days back, looked like the kind radscorpions dig, and they don't tend to travel far from their hunting ground."

He leans on the table and picks at his teeth. "Thing about radscorpions is that they're a bitch to capture alive. Too many legs, tail, big ass pincers, hard to get chains around their armor without them slipping off.... not to mention they're fast, and like to burrow underground. If you help me capture two to make up for the ones you killed, I'll forgive the deathclaws and the fodder, get some other sorry shit to deal with that. Sound like something you're up for?"

Feral grinned unnaturally in anticipation of the hunt, saying to Sledge, "Stranger will need help. Me for bait. Mackenzie for muscle". 

After Yetti and Sledge finish their conversation, she states to Sledge, "Need to see Jack before go," Then turning her big brown eyes to Yetti feeling a need to explain says, "Personal business."

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Sledge winces slightly and speaks in a cautious tone. "Jack is currently pre-occupied in the Red Corner. Go and see him if you want, but I would be careful if I were you."

Next he frowns. "Fine, the three of you then. I know you are well versed when it comes to hunting, Feral, but I ain't worked with that Mackenzie lad before. If he treats this like another raid and kills the targets as opposed to capturing them, it'll be on his head."

An involuntary shiver went up and down Feral's spine when Sledge mentioned the Red Corner for she hated that area. The young girl had never been to the place of punishment and hoped to never even visit there. She had heard the screams of pain emanating from there as she sat  in the Garden of Bones nearby and that was as close as she ever wanted to be.

The young Raider nodded her head at what Sledge said about Mackenzie but merely replied, "I'll watch him," Although she immediately mentally face palmed wondering to herself, "Why did I vouch for Zie? Why did I take responsibility for him by saying I'd watch him? I never do that!"

Feral turned to Yetti advising, "Going to Red Corner. You don't want to go there - ever. Meet you later at barracks."

With that Feral raced out of the Throne Room headed as fast as she could to the Red Corner not because she wanted to get there fast but because she wanted her visit there to be over as quickly as possible.

Yetti considered the offer, and concluded that even if he didn't want to do the job, he figured that he didn't have too much of a choice in the matter, and decided upon doing it. "Yeah, I can handle that job, when do we set out on it?" He asks while watching him fail the shot. He looked back at Feral when he initiated her own conversation about seeing Jack, and nods when she tells him it was 'personal business'. He was surprised that she wanted to bring Mackenzie along with the party, the man seemed too fond of her to even be focused on the job, but he figured she knew more about him. Maybe he was a beast on the field. Hearing about this new 'Red Corner', something he missed out on in the small tour he got, and looked over at Sledge once more. She finally left the room after warning him of the Red Corner, and Yetti couldn't help but wonder what this 'Red Corner' was in the first place, so he proceeds to ask. "I have two questions. One, what the hell is this Red Corner thing, and I heard a mention of some Bone Carver figure when I learned more about the rules around here. Is the Bone Carver some kind of bot? A machine, or a person?" He looked down at his hand, and suddenly realized that his Pip Boy was gone upon looking at his wrist. He rarely used the thing in the first place, and had made sure its location ping had been ripped from it to prevent any one from his old home being able to trace his location back to him. The only thing he used it for was to check up on his health, listen to radio stations, and provide some weather reports if the satellite would ever work. It came in handy for knowing when a Radstorm was approaching. The Geiger counter on it was also very useful for knowing where he could avoid safely and what was safe. He would have to admit that he would miss the thing on his wrist if he ever found it. He decided to inquire about it. "So where's the device I had on my hand? Sorry about all the questions, by the way.

Sledge grunted and pointed at the door. "All your crap is in lockup near the entrance. You should be free to go claim it now, just go and ask for Frank. But I wouldn't try purchasing anything from the store. Jack runs a tight ship when it comes to who gets to pick from our wares."

He seemed to consider his thoughts for a moment. "The Bone Carver.... I would advise staying away from. She is a person, and trust me, you'll know her when you see her. She's under Jacks personal protection, and he won't hesitate to kill anyone who so much as looks at her funny. Best just to steer clear, and not ask questions."

He smiles slightly."As for the Red Corner.... best hope you never end up there. It's where some of the more fucked up shit goes down; Where prisoners are kept, and where people are taken for punishment or execution. The name is both figurative, and very, very, literal. Don't worry, though, it's a decent distance from the barracks, so the screaming shouldn't keep you awake or nothin'."

He smirks and gives off a slight chuckle at the mention of the barring from making any purchase, and mouths off. "Yeah, already found that little embargo." He says the final word with finger quotes, but adds, respectively, "No disrespect of course, I understand it I guess. Don't want to waste good equipment on someone that could die in five minutes." He looks down at the tattered shorts he was given from the hospital bed, ready to put some actual clothes on. The intel on the Bone Carver, though it was vague, set in a slightly ominous tone to him. Whoever this Bone Carver was, must have been the type of person that shouldn't be f*cked with, whether retaliation be from Jack, or from the Bone Carver their self, especially since they had their own rule reserved solely for them. The Red Corner didn't really add much of a pretty picture either, but he at least had some form of reconciliation that torture was for those who deserved it, not just a soulless past time. He had some respect for the way of order around here. No killing for fun, or much in-fighting without any kind of honor. He wasn't always one person who cared much for respect and such, but he never would murder someone just because they didn't do something particular. He could at least justify killing other bandits, however, like the whelps he mopped the floor with previously, but never justify killing some kid or family just because they looked at him sideways. He only hoped that Jack at least shared those ideals. But looking back on it now, he internally had a feeling that he may have to abandon those ideals in any off chance to follow orders. He confided that he would just have to find out himself. Yetti seemed to be having an obvious internal conflict, deep in thought for a few moments, before finally nodding, and smirking, he jokingly adds "Aw, I thought the screaming would add to the ambiance to this place." 

Edited by yetti3145

Sledge frowned slightly at the obvious look of conflict on Yetti's face. He takes a step closer and puts a rough hand on his shoulder, leaning close and speaking in a low voice.

"Listen pal.... just because you've shown you can kill a few wasteland beasts, doesn't necessarily mean you got what it takes to be one of us. How I know what you're thinking; how long until I gotta take that extra step? Am I willing to do that? Trust me, lot of people here had second thoughts too. A lot of people who had second thoughts, waited too long to figure out whether or not this life is for them, couldn't make the jump when all eyes were on them, and ended up in a shallow grave."

He takes a step back and turns back to the pool table as one of the other Raiders calls his name. "Best figure out what side of that fine line you stand on before you're only left with one way out." He lines up his next shot, and hits the ball into the side pocket.

Feral ran back into the Throne Room from the Blood Corner seeing Sledge and Yetti conversing at the pool table where she had left them. She ran up rocking on her heels as waited for them to finish their conversation. The young girl frowned still pondering what Jack had said to her then grew impatient waiting.

"Meet back at barracks. Good nights rest, then leave early in morning to catch radscorpions. Early bird catches the eight-legged poisonous worm," Kidded Feral laughing nervously before running out of the Throne Room as fast as she ran in. *

* Continued in "The Barracks."

Edited by T. A. Murrow

He looked up at Sledge as he put his hand on his shoulder, slightly confused, but listened to what he had to say about his situation with a sense of understanding. He felt reassured that other Raiders had the same feelings that he had, and that even under their cut throat attitudes that at least humanity hadn't died out entirely. He considered his words heftily before Feral barges into the room impatiently with the commands to move back to the barracks. He nods and watches her leave the room and turns back to Sledge, thinking to himself once more as he watched him make the final shot into, barely missing his intended target. He heeded those words carefully, and they stuck with him for some time. He wanted to inquire more about his fine line, he wanted to ask. "What made you make that final push? What was your reason for joining up?" But he was already off to speak with the Raider that called on him. He watched him walk away from him and looked down at the pool table once more, watching the ball roll across the table, and stop after bumping into  another ball. He then stepped back from the table, turned toward the exit, and made his way out the door after Feral. Making his way back to the Barracks. Along the way, he saw the man he beat being dragged toward the Pit, blood seeping down his arm, with a hole in his hand. The man gave Yetti a look of fear, and Yetti only looked on with concern, not for the man, but for what would be in store if he would get in trouble for initiating a fight. He continued on his stroll, until he reached the main gate, where he would ask for this Frank man. He stopped behind the the Main Gate, and looked up at a man sitting in a chair. "You Frank? Looking for my shit." He states bluntly.

Feral entered the throne room and immediately the young girl's shoulders sagged as she hunched down uncomfortably looking around the large room for Jack. As always, Jack's throne of twisted metal and bone awed her although she was disappointed that it was empty. She made her way nervously to the bar, usually reserved exclusively for Jack's Lieutenants, which she was not.

With eyes lowered in submission, Feral exclaimed to those at the bar, "Here to report to Jack. Important. Jack's ears only. Jacks orders."

Mackenzie will be with Feral and stay quiet not speaking unless spoken too Mackenzie’s eyes will not bow they will casually look around and at everyone there.

The men around the bar looked over, eyeing the rabbits in their den with critical eyes. The barman grunted and motioned with a finger to somewhere behind where Feral was standing. They'd both turn to see Jack approaching from one of the shady corners. Evidently, he had been in a private discussion with one of his lieutenants who waited patiently behind him.

Jack came to a halt, a few feet from Mackenzie and Feral, looking down at them both with a mask that betrayed nothing.

"Report." He growled, in a voice both deep and commanding.

Mackenzie will say looking in the eyes of his helmet “sir Yetti, Feral and I came in contact with a small settlement and killed all but 3 one child two adults and with the town as bait we successfully captured the radscorpions due to Yetti’s leadership and Feral’s improv no one was hurt and I cant report about Yetti other than that he went somewhere while Feral and I guarded the cargo.”

Feral's downcast eyes moved up to meet Jack's as she visibly gulped before reporting nervously to Jack, "Mission to capture Radscorpions successful, as expected. Shaky start. In the beginning, the Stranger lost control of his pack who were blatantly insubordinate," The young Raider forced herself not to glance at Mackenzie before she continued, "Challenged his authority to test him, baited him, to bring him to slow boil as ordered. But by end of mission he was in full control of his pack. His personal honor code limited him at first but more and more it became more like ours, with him dealing with our adversaries, both beast and human, ruthlessly and forcefully. Knew he was great fighter from the Pit, continued to show both intelligence and aptitude in that regard. While Zie and me guarded the pack's prize, the Stranger used great initiative gaining useful info on rival Raider group led by Dane and captured one of them by himself, which he can relate in more detail in person."

Then Feral stood up tall and held her matted head high as she said in a shaky voice, "Only downside was settlement north of here with future profit potential was completely destroyed," Again she forced herself not to look at Mackenzie, "Not Stranger's fault, my bad decision, my fault, ready for Red Corner if that is what you want."

The trembling adolescent didn't mention that the bad decision she felt she made was to ask Mackenzie to come on the mission without venting him thoroughly so even though he single-handedly destroyed the settlement, Feral felt responsible for the lost future revenue to the Scourge and subconsciously also wanted to protect her friend, although she would never admit the latter in public. 

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Mackenzie will say to Jack “sir I disobeyed who you appointed leader multiple times and tried to belittle him and disregard him and doubted him multiple times as well and Feral only reported the town as ordered by Yetti but I killed all of them without orders by my self” in hopes to crush the fall for feral.

Edited by Mackenzie

Feral, her lower lip quivering, merely added holding her left hand out for Jack to impale or not, "I invited Zie to mission pack. My responsibility - sole responsibility."

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Mackenzie will sweat but not say anything else he said what happened but he wont try and treat Jack like ping pong ball for him and Feral to try and hit around for the blame, Mackenzie will stand and wait for Jack to speak hoping Feral will be ok.

Edited by Mackenzie