Jack the Ripper

Throne Room

183 posts in this topic

Feral sat quietly cross-legged next to Mackenzie glancing at him and then her and then him again with big brown doe-like eyes. The adolescent Raider was bewildered first that Bone Carver had responded to Mackenzie at all other than to use him as sculpture material. Secondly, his first line to her made Feral cringe.

"How have you been since the last time I saw you? Fuck, we could have gone to Saul in the Med tent and stole a look at her medical records to find out that," Feral thinks to herself. "I could think of a better pick-up line and I'm only thirteen. I mean, even some of the old pre-war lines like 'Baby, somebody better call God, because he’s missing an angel' or 'Don't mind me, I'm an astronomer checking out heavenly bodies.' There are books out there - maybe I'll see if I can scrounge up one for Zie. That's if we survive this encounter."

Still, Feral held her tongue waiting for the Bone Carver's response with bated breath, knowing this might be Mackenzie's only chance to get the girl to favor him even if it ended with all of them being marched to the Red Corner.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Grim released his hold and Lucky watched from the bar...he could over hear the conversation...though mostly one sided at this point...she had responded well enough...he chuckled to himself...and thought

"Kids smitten ain't he..."

Grim answered...

"jeez that's his icebreaker though...hows it going...puhleez...we oughta teach lover boy how to speak the language..."

Lucky chuckled to himself and enjoyed his drink and the show...

Edited by ALilTooStrange

The girl continued to stare at Mackenzie, her eyes narrowing at his response. Completely dodging his question, she asked, "Perhaps I should be more specific. Why are you talking to me? What are you hoping to gain from this little discussion? A wet end? Because that's what they usually want. The rest of the time they're just idiots."

She shrugged with a small, sinister smirk. "Usually they're both. So which are you? Or does the prospect of five armored fingers crushing your skull simply not frighten you all that much?"

“I’m not looking for anything, you were all alone looking at your knife so I just wanted to make sure you didn’t feel left out. I imagine raiders avoid you at all cost and if they do talk to you it’s all in fear or lust in a attempt to gain... a wet end or favor from Jack, possibility both as you said. I want to be your friend because I don’t think you have many, if any at all besides Jack. I guess I’m a idiot, Or so I’ve been told countless times by ALOT of people then some robots. But also I’m a Virgin for a reason I don’t want a wet end from anyone.” He says truthfully not a hint of irritation or fear in his voice

”Well I actually have been nearly killed by those fingers before, and beaten almost to death by the owner of those fingers. I’m terrified of Jack, but I don’t want someone suffering just because Im afraid. I don’t expect you to believe me.” He motions to his body. “I’m a raider as you already know and you have meet plenty of us and live with us so you know raiders don’t think like me but it’s the truth.” Mackenzie says looking at her with a hint of fear remembering the fingers and beatings but still tries to smile.

Edited by Mackenzie

Lucky stares on...this situation could go postal at any moment...he begins drinking with his left hand instead of his right...so if the time comes he can act quickly with his dominant hand...the liquor steadies his hands and his wits...hes so used to the feeling that he feels like a different man without it...the smile he had is gone...the only thing crossing his mind now is weather or not his only two friends will make it out of the throne room...and even if they do...will people begin to target Zie and Feral...from an outsiders point of view...what he is showing there is weakness...Lucky has been around raiders long enough to know weakness can be just as much a death sentence as pissing off jack...should Lucky step in...even if he wanted to Grim wouldn't let him...for now all he could do was talk it over to himself...and think...if it went tits up...then he'd step in

The girl listened to him talk, digesting his words, before letting out the smallest of laughs. "Fuck you talk a lot. I understand now why Sledge has so much disdain in his voice whenever you're mentioned."

She slid herself around so that she was sitting in the throne properly, leaning back into it and folding one leg over the other with her arms crossed. She frowned at him. "I never liked Sledge much. He throws those poor creatures into the Pit to be slaughtered, just because people around here want to see blood. But I hated Charon more. I hated him and I hated his crew, and I'm glad they're all dead." She spat the last words out. Then she looked over at Feral, and nodded her appreciation. "The ones that weren't crushed, I used their bones for my art."

Then she glanced over at Grim. She eyed him with a hard, drilling stare. "You're wondering if he's going to die. You're wonder if you'll have to kill me." She shrugged. "You get good at reading a persons body language when you choose not to talk to people so often."

She leaned forward, turning the knife over in her hands as she watched the light catch on the metal edge. "Go ahead. The stronghold is on lockdown. You can't jump over the walls without breaking your legs. And when Jack gets back and finds my body...." She smiles a little and looked up at him. "There aren't words to describe how painful your death will be."

Lucky couldn't help but smile...he started to move and then his neck twitched his smile starting to fade but persevered...the inner struggle in him couldn't stop him now...

"Well hot damn...you are a good read huh...the names Lucky...or grim...sometimes Joshua depends whos talkin...id have offered you a drink if i wasnt so sure you would have me killed for it..."

his neck twitched violently upward...when he looked down the smile was gone...a serious look on his face...his suave voice turning cold and gravely...

"Dont mind him...he likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much for his own good...last thing we'd think to do is hurt ya...just taking precautions is all...in case... the unthinkable happened"

Mackenzie stays silent as she speaks and when she crosses her legs over one another, Mackenzie moves his eyes away from her to avoid that sight. Mackenzie face palms internally for talking so much but he still doesn’t regret trying to help the Bone carver. 

After this display Mackenzie sees what she’s like, but despite that he will still try his best to be her friend. Mackenzie is shocked learning Lucky was willing to kill her and looks to him in disbelief. He then looks to Feral then finally his eyes rest upon The Bone Carver and waits for her reaction to the duo in one body. His face shows no panic or worry just indifferent but inside he doesn’t know what will happen.

She raises an eyebrow as she looks at Grim. "Oh you're one of those. They don't tend to last long here. Too unpredictable. Jack will have his eye on you."

She sits up straighter and holds the knife up with one hand, by the blade looking the weapon up and down. "Out of curiosity, what do you think would hit its target first. His bullet.... or my knife?" She looks at Mackenzie with a sideways glance, a sinister smile on her face. "What do you think?"

Mackenzie looks to Lucky and then back to The Bone Carver. “Well you have your weapon out and he doesn’t, plus the element of surprise... I would say your knife, but only if you threw it now, he would win otherwise but that’s just what I think.” The Scottish man answers truthfully raising his hands up in a shrug smirking a little bit.

Mackenzie stays silent after that not wanting to annoy her with talking too much.

Edited by Mackenzie

Feral rolls her brown eyes  and clicks her tongue in disgust before she says with a grimace to Bone Carver, "Fuck, is that all anybody can think about is killing. I mean, I admit I like killing as much as the next Raider but... there's other stuff to life - like having fun! Some of it is solitary, like your art and my crafting guns. But a lot of it needs other people to be really fun," Feral glances at Mackenzie and smiles as she continues, "Zie taught me that. Before Zie, I didn't see much use for anyone but myself, especially when it came to men. Other people just... hurt me - or wanted to use me for one thing or another. Zie taught me different. Like dancing. You can dance alone, but it's more fun with others. Comic books are fun to read - but they're more fun to discuss with someone. Stuff like that."

Feral sighs as she looks adoringly at Mackenzie before looking back to the Bone Carver,  stating with the calmness of certainty, "I read in some pre-war science book that people are social animals and need each other. They can't be happy without each other in the long run. I thought it stupid at the time, but now... after knowing Zie... after hanging with my pack... I don't think so anymore."

Edited by T. A. Murrow

The girl let out a small giggle, looking at Feral with humor in her eyes as she lowered the knife to her lap. "I know right?" He exclaimed, leaning forward with wide eyes and a wider grin. "Everyday, all around me, all I hear is, "I've killed this many people, I've killed that many monsters, I drove a spear through a mans eyehole and pinned his head to a wall. Blah blah bla-bla-bla-bla", fucking, boring."

Her words turned harsh as she uttered the last one, slowly leaning back in her seat. "What makes me more dangerous than anyone here, is that the rules that apply to all of you.... don't apply for me. I could kill everyone that looked at me wrong, but I don't. No...." He lets out a long, quiet groan, running one hand down her face. "No, Jack takes care of all that, doesn't he."

She looked back at Feral. "When I met him he was.... already too far gone to tell what may've been before. And after that it was just.... blood and fear from everyone around him, everyone that looked at me funny, or got any bright ideas. He hides.... so much, behind that suit and that mask. Maybe part of the world he left behind, a world where killing wasn't part of everyday life."

She looks down, turning the knife over and over in her hands.

Lucky takes control back with another jerk of his neck and chuckles...he places some caps on the table and pours the bone carver a drink...

"So...do you have a name other than bone carver cause saying that every time we all talk is gonna get old quick.."

he walks up offering her the drink

Her expression immediately went hard when Grim approached, and she shot out of the throne and into a standing position, the knife rocketing upwards so that the point almost dug into the skin under his chin.

"Don't ever ask me what my name is." She snarled through clenched teeth, untold fury ablaze in her green eyes as she glared up at Grim.

Lucky was still holding the two glasses of whiskey...he raised the one up to his lips and gulped it down...then he spoke...

"Apologies...i didn't realize this was a touchy subject...Madam Bone Carver it is then...this other drink is still yours id you want it.."

Ignoring the sudden tension in the air, a wicked gin crosses Feral's cherubic face as she admits, "A reputation of being dangerous is what I've always wanted  -  it keeps the users and abusers - and there are so fucking many of those around us - it keeps them at a distance. Unfortunately, its a two edged knife.  It's keep those few people who are interesting and even nice away from you. Got to say, since I let other people into my life - since I've been hanging with my pack, things are a lot more interesting and less boring," Feral giggles as she confesses, "Even killing is more fun with others cause you just don't know what the fuck other people are gonna do, right? I used to not care. If other Raiders did stupid stuff that might get 'em killed, no skin off my nose, right? Now days keeping my pack alive despite the stupid things they do - fuck, that is sooo much more interesting!"

Suddenly Feral got solemn stating, "As to Jack, maybe his changing is really transcending. People think I'm crazy because I think Jack is a god... or a demon... or both. Maybe they're right; although I may have been crazy even before I starting believing in Jack. Still I think the Scourge needs Jack. They need someone greater than themselves to believe in. I know I need someone greater than myself to believe in - especially in a world where killing is part of my everyday life. Before Jack and the safety here with the Scourge, I never would have ever considered fun - or of becoming something better than a victim. Without the hope of Jack and his Scourge existing, I never would have thought of being a wolf instead of a sheep and sought them out from the wasteland. I never would have considered being... someday... Jack's right hand gal and his Angel of Death. I never would have had... ambition."

Feral's eyes lost focus as her mind drifting from "what ifs" to "what will be" now that she has ambition.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

The girl continued to drill Grim with her eyes, ever defiant in the face of a considerable larger opponent. She cast a glance towards Feral as she spoke, before returning it to Grim.

She opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted as the main door to the Throne Room burst open, and Reaver stormed in. The 6.5ft of muscle wore makeshift armor covered in blood from the recent battle, and his hair was messy, full of mud and blood. A large gash still bled fresh across his brow. 

He froze a few feet in the door as he surveyed the scene with widened eyes, before pulling out a decorated .44 Magnum, pulling back the hammer and aiming it right at Grims skull. "The FUCK you think you're doing in here you pint sized shits?" He shouted across the room. The Bone Carver looked between Grim and Reaver, not moving any other muscle. 

Reaver slowly advanced on Grim, keeping his aim steady. "Step the fuck back boy, before I put you down."

Before anyone could react, The Bone Carver lowered her knife and slid it into her belt, smiling calmly at Reaver. "They're good." She stated sweetly. "I was just showing the man here a little knife trick to catch your opponent off guard. We were just waiting for you actually. They have business."

She stepped back from Grim and looked between all of them, the hostility in her demeanor gone. "It was nice to meet all of you, but you ahve business, and I feel like reading. Until next time."

And with that, she sauntered off through a door in the back of the Throne Room, disappearing from view.

Reaver slowly lowered his weapon, disarming the hammer and sliding it back into the holster at his hip. "Eh, apologies. Guess I walked in at a funny moment, yeah?" He shook his head and made his way over to the table across the room from the bar. He grabbed a cigarette and lit it with a zippo from his pocket.

"So.... what business do you have with me, and by extension, Jack?"

Feral spared a moment to stick her elbow into Mackenzie's ribs whispering with a lopsided grin, "She said until next time Romeo. You're in like Flynn." Then giggled before becoming all business as she stood up and walked to the bar retrieving her Fatman and taking it to Reaver's table and dropping it loudly on its surface.

"My pack took out the enemy artillery, and have several of these as well as their mini-nuke ammunition," Feral stood up as tall as she could, glad Reaver was sitting down as she proposed calmly and confidently, "They're gifts for Jack and the Scourge. My pack has shown how useful we are as special forces. Since I'm pack leader, I want a seat at the table here. I want to be Scourge leadership. I did more than was expected of me. My leadership of my pack was decisive. And we gave Jack and the Scourge positive results - and not for the first time. The battle would have been lost without us, or at least Scourge casualties would have been greater -  and maybe even our Stronghold would have been lost if the mini-nukes hit it."

The adolescent Raider stepped back with her hands clasped behind her back saying, "I know you can't grant what I'm asking. Only Jack can. I just ask you to take my case for Scourge leadership - and the prizes we bring - to Jack. And of course, command me and the Pack on what you want us to do next."

Feral would have felt much better about her presentation to Reaver if her voice hadn't cracked on the last word of it as the onset of puberty set in.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Lucky gave The Bone Carver a nod of appreciation then turned to reaver...He sipped the whiskey as he made his way over...he then listened to Feral as she raged on about wanting to be leadership...he whispered near Feral as he walked past her...

"Cool your jets B.."

Reaver took a long drag on his cigarette, listening to what Feral had to say. Anyone else would have mocked her demands, laughed in her face, and told her to fuck off. But Reaver just sat there and listened. When she'd finished, he nodded, and stuck his cigarette butt in the ashtray.

"Alright." He said, in a relaxed tone. "Fair enough. That artillery would have raked our forces if it hadn't been dealt with, so I commend you for that. And yeah you're right. Only Jack can dictate who has a leadership position here.... but I will take your proposal to him, when he gets back, and see what he has to say."

He frowned a little. "Sledge won't like it. Under the impression that you lot. He hates that one." He points over at Mackenzie. "And with you two so close, he won't take very well to the idea. But fuck him. He's become more arrogant ever since he killed Charon and took his place. Kind of an asshole.... well.... more than he was already at least."

He picks up the cigarette packet and takes another one out between his lips, before offering it over to either Grim or Feral. "Either of you smoke?" Whether they'd take one or not, he'd place the packet back down afterwards, and light his up, putting the lighter down on the table.

"I can only promise to relay your request. Nothing past that. Regardless...." He takes out a notebook and scrawls down a few short words and some digits down, before tearing it off and sliding it over to Feral. "Take that to the lunatic robot that runs Shit and Crap. He'll comp you for the weapon haul you've brought in."

The paper would read: 1000cp, x 3, signed Reaver.

Lucky would take a cigarette and light it...then reach into his pocket as he spoke

"Appreciate it...hey ive got these cigars ive had em for a while but now seems like a good enough time to hand one out...you interested Mr uhhh Reaver was it?"

he would pull out the cigar and offer it to Reaver

Lucky nods his head...

"Another time maybe...either way thanks for the smoke..."

he would take a long drag of the cigarette and exhale in peace

"Its been a while since someone offered me a smoke...i couldnt turn it down..."

Surprised since she was expecting to either be ridiculed or slapped on the side of her head, a genuine smile grew as Feral took the piece of paper and saw the figure on the piece of paper commenting in what she felt was an adult tone, "Very generous. Do you want us to leave the weapons here or to take them somewhere else?"

The young girl grabs the offered cigarette and lights it with a gold plated lighter she had salvaged but had never used on anything but lighting camp fires. She took a drag, fighting the urge to cough on her first cigarette and hoping she wasn't turning green. "This is great," Thought Feral to herself with exuberance, "He's taking me seriously!"

Feral tried to keep her excitement off her face asking, "Sooo... any other missions for us? The Pack is always ready. We just await your orders."

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Reaver leaned back his his chair. "Leave the weapons here, I'll have them dealt with. For now, return to your Barracks and be on standby. The main force was repelled but it's entirely possible that they have a reserve force ready to attack now that our defenses are thin. They won't be able to get through the walls, but we need to be ready in case they pull anything funny."

He waved his hand. "You're dismissed."