Jack the Ripper

Barracks

347 posts in this topic

Mackenzie walked away as soon as he left the room leaving the three in one talking to himself. Not intimidated by any of them he continues walking yawning the voices away. 

Mackenzie gets in his room and rests some more. 

A series of massive explosions filled the air, causing the ground to shake and the foundation of the barracks to creak and groan in protest. The occupants shouted in surprise, reaching for weapons, slamming magazines and chambering rounds, cursing and shouting as they hurried into their armor.

The doors to the Barracks burst open, as if smashed inwards by the wind of a furious storm. Like the four horsemen of the apocalypse they walked in. Sledge, Reaver, Khan, and Big Mike, all armed, all with hard looks in their eyes.

"LOOK ALIVE YOU SORRY SHITS!" Sledge shouted over the commotion of the barracks. "WE GOT ROACHES THAT NEED BE SQUASHED!"

Reaver stepped forward. "Around some two-fifty men approaching the base from the front. They Just blew a path through our minefield with Fat-Man launchers, and are marching through the open ground. Get your asses to the walls, NOW."

"And don't fire a single fucking shot until Jack gives the order." Snapped Sledge, before turning with the three others and making his way to the next barracks in line.

Feral had rolled out of her bed at the first explosion and by the time Sledge and the other three Scourge Leaders arrived in her barracks she was already dressed in her Raider's leathers and bits of metal armor including the dented metal motorcycle helmet she had obtained not long ago. By the time Sledge had finished his motivational speech, the preteen Raider had strapped her machete to her back, her Bowie Knife to her leg, her bandoleers of throwing knives and shotgun shells across her flat chest and stuck her .44 pistol in the back waist band of her pants. Feral grabbed her combat shotgun from the corner of her quarters just in time to follow the leaders out of her barracks, only pausing long enough to bang on the doorways of Mackenzie and Grim to make sure they were awake and coming.

"Rise and shine Wolf Pack, time to protect the den," Feral yelled cheerfully at her two companions, happy for some action after two months of inactivity.

((//OOC: Follow Feral's adventures on The Wall.))

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Mackenzie jolts awake. “What?!?” 

After a little while of thinking of what’s happening he leaves to the wall.

Feral skipped her way to the barracks giddy with what she saw as her success, humming an old pre-war tune called "We're in the Money" as she went. The preteen Raider entered the barracks with a flourish and spread her thin arms announcing herself with a loud, "Tah DAH!" She waved good bye to her companions and with a quick yell of "LATER" she made a beeline to her cubicle-quarters in her barracks. Quickly locking the caps voucher in her stash box under her single bed, she quickly stripped of her soiled and bloodied leathers, putting on an old ratty bathrobe and scrub brush and heading to the showers.

Checking in with the slave attendant outside the communal showers nearby, she grabbed soap and two clean white towels from him, left the towels and her robe in the locker room. The co-ed showers were in one big room and had timers set for six minutes each as clean water was at a premium in the wasteland. Feral was determined to get her full time's worth scrubbing and cleaning the dust and blood off her small body, only having some trouble with her long matted brown hair as usual. However, even that didn't change her good mood as she kept humming her merry tune the whole time.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Inga spotted the little one heading over to the showers, she simply tails her and awaits like a creep next to the showers till she's done, her arms are crossed and her head is looking down. Her minds goes like crazy again, she sees something in Feral but can't quite make anything of it. A sly grin appears onto her face, 
"Inga has to try." she whispers to herself. Her head slowly raises up again, looking up to the beautiful blue sky, contemplating about the remaining members of her old group, Inga asks herself If they ever arrived at "Cajon Pass". She mutters a prayer to herself in Norsk. Feral's humming makes her go back onto a memory lane when her old raider group were dancing, laughing and singing around the table after a good battle with a rival tribe, Inga can't help but form a fainted smile onto her face. 

Feral frowns when her shower goes off reaching its six minute limit. Still, her good mood will not be stifled so she shrugs her slight shoulders and heads to the locker room to towel off her body with one towel and her long wavy hair with another.  Putting back on her ratty sky blue bathrobe, she tosses the damp towels and used soap back to the attending slave saying in a cheerful tome, "Thanks Jake!" 

Then listening to music that was only playing in the young girl's head, Feral danced her happy way down the hall to her cubicle quarters oblivious to all around her.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Inga makes her way back to her barracks and drops her rear onto the chair infront of it, unsheating her sword, the sunlight deflects it against the sword.
She uses a rock to sharpen her sword.

Now clean with her shiny long brown hair freshly combed, Feral dressed in her best clothes, the starlet sniper's outfit. A finally tailored leather Western outfit that served being stylish and protective at the same time, complete with cowboy hat and boots that she had bought at the "Shit and Crap" store here in the Scrapyard bought by her when she had won a sizable wager betting on Yetti in the Pit. She smirked at herself in the small cracked hand mirror she kept under her bed then replaced it there as she retrieved the caps voucher given to her by Reaver for the Pack's loot from her stash box and secured the small piece of paper in her top inside pocket. Lastly, the preteen Raider strapped on her heavily modded long barrel .44 revolver in it's Wild West style holster with the silver Death's Head and buckled on her Bowie knife in her leg sheath. Feeling good and looking good, the young Raider headed back to the "Shit and Crap" Store to get the Pack's money from the robot tender there.

As Feral left her barracks and walked in front past the next, she spotted Inga sitting sharpening her sword with a rock and a wicked smile crossed the preteen's cute cherubic face as she stopped putting both small hands on her narrow hips and said sarcastically, "You know, we have things called weapon workstations here in Scrapyard where as Scourge you can sharpen your blades for free - and get a much keener edge by-the-way!"

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Inga stops with sharpening her sword and scoffs bitterly, her face looks up at Feral, giving her a stern stare.
"Where I am from, we don't have workstations." She says on a rather annoyed tone, Inga proceeds to sharpen her sword admiring it once a while.
She opens her mouth to talk whilest she checks her sword out,
"You might get killed by a weakling one day If you keep it up like that, I am in the same family as you, keep it down." Her bright blue eyes makes eye contact with Feral, intimidating her, she simply unclips the decapitated head from her belt and sets it down next to the chair she's sitting on. "We should hunt together, you might learn a thing or two." A smirk appears onto her face, it might be the first time Feral sees another than a frown. Inga sheathes her sword and simply leaves it onto her lap.

"Blah, blah, blah," Feral mouthed noiselessly as Inga focused on her sword sharpening, but then said defensively, "I'm known to be a skilled psychopathic killer, so I'm not afraid of any weakling - or strongling either! I figure when it's time for me to shuffle off this mortal coil, I'l go - but screaming and kicking all the way. That is unless Jack says otherwise. Anywho, one of Jack's rules is Scourge don't kill Scourge, unless it's in the Pit. Every time we lose a Scourge warrior it weakens all of us in the Scourge, so it ain't gonna happen lightly."

No longer smirking, Feral looks sadly at the bend in her left forearm, the "blessing" given to her by Jack for killing four Scourge warriors even though they were would-be rapists and it was in self defense. She didn't blame Jack for she could never blame her god for anything, but on cold damp days it ached reminding her of the cost to a Scourge in breaking any of Jack's rules for whatever reason.

As Feral watches Inga's every move mesmerized by the muscular woman's actions, the adolescent Raider remarks with wide brown eyes, no hint of the sarcasm in her voice as it was earlier, "You know, I'm known at the front gate as the 'little hunter.' I got quite the reputation in catching creatures for food and for the Pit battles - me and my pack anyway. I... I think I'd like to go hunting with you, if you got the time sometime. Sides, it'd be good to talk to another strong woman if you know what I mean!"

Feral's brown eyes narrowed as a wicked smile grew on her round tan cherubic face as her mind's eye perceived opportunity knocking at her door, "Speaking of which, I'm going to be in Scourge Leadership soon, so I'm thinking of expanding my pack of super soldiers. It's kind of like a special special forces unit, if you know what I mean. I think you would fit in just great working for me - I mean with us. Soooo... what do you think?"

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Inga simply just stares at Feral and laughs, she clearly finds the little psychopath hilarious, "You know, I call you the Jester of this family, you're a funny one." She says on a jokinly way. She stands up and pats Feral twice on her head like a pet, "Alright, Inga will join your pack." A goofy smile can be seen onto her face.

Lucky had made his way back with Feral...he couldn't believe how well that had gone..he watched as she made her way to the showers...that sounded good...he was covered in blood after all...Lucky spent a few minutes cleaning off his clothes and hanging them up...he pulled out his extra jacket and laid it out then gathered his things and started making the room feel a little roomier...he set up his record player...the one he had since he became president of the gang back all thoese years ago...he pulled out one of the records and set it on low..."The World We Knew" by Frank Sinatra played over the radio...it always reminded him of what hed lost...and what he fought for...he made his way to the showers...he gave a nod to the slave boy who explained the shower system to him...Lucky thanked him and let him know he appreciated it with an extra couple caps for a tip...he enjoyed his shower and stepped out in his towel...he went back to his room and poured himself a drink at his drink station he had just set up...like a mini home away from the bar...he got dressed popping his new jacket on and strapped on his weapons making sure they were loaded then he went to check on Feral...he saw her talking to a girl with a sword...Lucky approached hand on his gun cautious of the girl...

"Everything cool here Feral..."

Feral frowns not sure on how to take Inga's reaction to her leadership, both disliking the disrespect but kind of liking the familiarity for some  strange reason she can't fathom. On retrospect later, she might realize it's because she really never had a family and finally, slowly, and in unexpected ways, she was finally growing one. Might... but probably not! 

Lucky walks up then in a defensive stance and Feral answers his question, "Yeah Lucky, just recruiting for the pack. Inga, Lucky. Lucky, Inga."

"Okay then," The preteen Raider answers uncertainly then asks in a whisper with narrowed brown eyes, "Now, I  need to know personally: Why did you say I'm cursed? Are you some kind of mystic?"

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Inga simply turns to Lucky with her hand onto the hilt of her sword, her gaze is locked onto him, her smile disappears. Inga simply gives him a upward nod.
She asks, "Does utman want to hunt with us?" before peering back over her shoulder at Feral for a split second. She doesn't answer her question.

Lucky watches the girl with the sword carefully...he is unsure of her...but he isnt sure why...something about her throws him off...

"Glad we got a new recruit...but did she just call me utman...im confused...also we cant go hunting right now can we...i thought we needed to wait on Jack to get back..if we do go hunting though,,,we could hunt those slavers i mentioned to the leadership...could be fun.."

Edited by ALilTooStrange

Inga simply nods.

"Than we shall wait on The Jack."

She drops her butt back down onto the chair and retrieves the decapitated male's head from beside the chair, placing it onto her lap, running her fingers through his hair, stroking it.

Feral informs Lucky, "Yeah, Inga isn't from around here. But Lucky's right, with Jack and most of the Scourge battling elsewhere, it's up to us to keep the Scrapyard safe in case of a counterattack from the enemy. The pack stays on duty for now, but we can hunt when Jack returns. Right now, lets' got to the Shit and Crap store and get our caps, then head back to the barracks for some rest until Reaver calls us. Inga, I think you should move into our barracks as you'e Pack now. There's an empty cubicle near me. "

Feral made it sound like the safety of the Scourge stronghold was dependent on the Pack, and she most likely believed her own propaganda. However Feral thought to herself, "Yeah I'm cursed! Cursed never to fuck know what Inga meant by saying I'm cursed!"

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Inga replies, "Very well, cursed one, lead me to my cubicle." She arises from her chair, clicking the head back onto her brown belt, a loud *CLICK* can be heard.
"Guide Inga." She says to Feral.

Feral's small hands balled into fists but her face remained impassive as she silently led Inga to her new cubicle-quarters while she thought to herself, "I ought to... who does she think I am, the servant? The jester, whatever that may be? I really ought to just slug her!"

Feral didn't slug her, but once she led the older woman to her new quarters, Feral asked again, "Okay Warrior Woman, why am I cursed - or are you just farting in the wind saying stuff like that!"

Lucky calls out as they walk off...

"Im gonna grab a drink ill catch up"

with that Lucky walked back into his room...the song "That Lucky Ol Sun" by Louise Armstrong was playing now...he moved with the sound of the music as he entered...and grabbed a couple of glasses and the bottle before exiting and then kncking on the enterance of the new cubicle...

"I brought whiskey but this looks like a serious conversations...so i should make em doubles...who wants one..."

he spoke with a cheeky smile...

Inga looks around her quarters and places the decapitated head onto the shelf, she stares at it for a couple of seconds, It's sacred to her.
"Inga wants you to sit." She doesn't say it on a commanding tone, Inga takes off most of her gear and places them over the wooden chair, remaining into her chainmail undergarments only. She sits onto her own bed.

Upon hearing the knocking, she looks up, she points, "Open." She does command Feral this time.

Edited by Alma Wade

"Come in," yells Feral grumpily  before muttering, "It's not like these things come with doors."

The cubicles are small, Feral's only a little larger than most being a corner one so the adolescent girl leans her slight back on one of the shoulder high walls but also doesn't sit not wanting to be shorter than the woman in this discussion that may very well set the pecking order of her Pack, so she says without emotion, "I'm comfy. Shoot!" Quickly adding in explanation in case the foreign woman didn't understand., "With your mouth, not a gun."

Then turning to Lucky saying, "No as to the drink - although I might need one after this conversation."

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Mackenzie finally arrived at the Barracks having been distracted by innocent thoughts of The Bone Carver in the way and trailing behind. 

He makes his way to Ferals quarters poking his head in and sees she has a guest then he leaves. “Off to Lucky then.” He says to himself walking to Luckys quarters.

“Oi Lucky can I come in?” Mackenzie asks his friend politely and casually.

Edited by Mackenzie