Jack the Ripper

Medical Tent

35 posts in this topic

Medical Tent

It is as it sounds. The place for Raiders to go to have wounds looked at, to have sicknesses treated, and radiation purged. This area is guarded by a Sentry bot, hilariously dressed with a nurses hat atop it’s head, so don’t try stealing any medical supplies. Go buy drugs like a normal human being, you savage!

No one knew the raggedy man in the mask that appeared at the tent. When did he arrive? Where was he from? Not important. He wore a dirty longcoat that smelled of marshes, his mask a sackcloth gas mask with a singular lens to see through. He regarded the form of Yetti, discerning that there was little time to delay. Treatment was needed with a good deal of haste.

He entered and sat down a traveling bag that rattled as he opened it, as though this was normal, planned.

"...How many beats per minute?" The raggedy man asked in a dry tone as he prepared a stim needle.

“I dont know very few maybe 6 a minute?” Mackenzie reply’s to the doc 

Mackenzie sets down the stranger carefully unto a medical bed in the tent then is surprised to see feral coming into the medical tent not too long behind him and asks “hey missy what are you doing? Im pretty sure the collection for the bets is in the pit.” His mind trys to play tricks with him like before (she REALLY likes him giving money up feral might be tamed by the stranger~) nope shut up brain.

also Mackenzie says in a hushed tone “does jack know you helped him?”

Edited by Mackenzie

The masked doctor nodded and shoo'd Mackenzie aside as he went to administer the stim to the wounded man. He removed his glove and pressed a finger to the patients neck, glancing over what he was working with. "...He is bleeding out. You. Rag. Apply pressure." He gestured to Mackenzie as he returned to his bag and fetched a blood bag and a spindle of coarse thread. 

Sledge approaches the medical tent at a brisk stride, his face set in a firm scowl.

"Doctor!" He snapped, pointing at Yettis limp form. "Jack wants you to make sure this one doesn't die. Best make sure to keep an eye on him."

He turns to Feral and jabs his thumb back over his shoulder. "Jack wants to see you back at the Pit. Didn't say why, but I wouldn't suggest trying to avoid it."

He looks down at Yetti, placing his hands on his hips. "Fucker killed half my creatures, now I'll have to send a team of sorry shits to go out and hunt more." He didn't sound too happy about that, but he smirked all the same. "Put on a good show, but you better be worth the fucking effort, or you'll be fed to the next batch."

Mackenzie will see the super sledge man take feral and try and stop it on instinct but then the doc takes Mackenzies hands and puts a rag in them and holds his hands on the wound then Mackenzie is snapped out of it and thinks very quickly (what was I going to do thats nothing but stupid! Im sure she’ll be ok Jack wouldn’t hurt a kid and shes pretty capable... wait what no I dont care)

Mackenzie will say “ seeya missy “ to feral also nod to the super sledge man and focus on the stranger 

Edited by Mackenzie

"It will be done." The doctor stated without stopping in his duties of sterilizing a needle and prepping the bag for transfusion. He was none too gentle above the IV bag and where he stuck it. He was amazed how little people questioned a doctor when they were being a doctor. Good. It made things simpler.

"...use the clean side on this one." He moved Mackenzie to another wound as he began his stitchwork, examining the cuts. These...were going to leave scars, should be live.

"Glowing Deathclaw, lots of rads," Feral warns the strangely dressed doctor ignoring Mackenzie for the moment.

The adolescent girl than turns to Mackenzie wagging a small forefinger up at him as she angrily reproaches him saying, "Got a death wish Mac? You don't do that to Jack - no one does that to Jack! He will gut - "

Just then Sledge walks into the Medical Tent first addressing the doctor and then ordering Feral to immediately go see Jack whereupon Feral glares at Mackenzie not knowing why she is so angry muttering, "This ain't over yet Mac!"

Still not sure why she is in such a rage at Mackenzie, Feral runs out of the tent and back to the Pit.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Mackenzie will chuckle whondering why thats cute funny even though he knows she could take him down without a second thought and say to feral while paying attention and looking at the stranger focusing on the wounds “you know where to find me”

after she is gone Mackenzie will do everything the doc says to save the stranger and fulfill the deal.

Mackenzie will reply to the doctor in small short sentences and 100% focus on the stranger

Edited by Mackenzie

The stitching was extensive. Some wounds he did what he could. It wasnt the first time the doctor found himself covered in blood that wasnt his own. 

"...Bucket, by the feet..." He went to replace the blood bag with a satchel of rad-away. 

"Lucky to have all his limbs. Infection should stem. His recovery is in his hands and the Wastes."

Edited by professorremnant

"Doctor Remnant. You lot are lucky I invited myself when I did..." He out some water on the boil so he could clean the patient and begin bandaging. "Before You ask, no I am not one of yours, and no it doesnt matter if I am. The Wastes always seem to send me where I am useful."

“Hey professor can you do me a little favor? Can you go and collect ferals winnings for her shes prolly being tortured watching her winnings go to waste? ill pay you if you want and to be quiet about it just put it in her barrack? I know your prolly not going to do it for free but thats ok.” Mackenzie asks

Edited by Mackenzie

The doctor slowly turned his head and regarded the man. There was not much expression or mood to read from the mask he wore. Then he stood. So much for the work and on his way. "When the water boils, remove it and let it cool. I should be back by then." He pulled up the collar of his longcoat as he strode out. "...hold your breath, the rad-away will surely cause a bowel movement."

Mackenzie will get the boiling water off and put it up to cool as the professor said.

Mackenzie will look at Yetti and say, “hey, you awake? Are you feeling ok nothing feel off?”

Feral ran to the Medical Tent using the exercise to clear her mind. Jack had ordered her to spy on the Stranger. To get close to the Stranger, observe him, and report to Jack anything of note. There was no other word for it but "spy" in her mind.

The young girl rationalized that it couldn't be that much different than hunting and she prided herself in being an excellent huntress. As a hunter, she would sneak up on an animal without being seen then killing it efficiently and effectively. Spying wouldn't be that much different - with the exception of not killing The Stranger, at least until Jack ordered it, if he ever did.

As Feral entered the tent gasping for breath from her extended run, she looked at the apparently unconscious and prone Stranger and Mackenzie tending him as she sighed deeply simply thinking to herself, "I hate my life."

To Mackenzie, Feral forced an awkward smile that looked so unnatural on her dirty face  and asked, "Guess the Stranger's going to live, huh Ken? Get his name?"

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Mackenzie will just about get done when Feral busts through the doors and asks if he will be alright, Mackenzie will open his eyes and say “he will be ok the professor said his recovery is up to him now and no I didnt catch his name, maybe you can name him?” 

Mackenzie chuckles at that statement and finishes with what he was supposed to do.

Mackenzie looks at feral and says “hey so you want to finish what you were saying earlier? You left off at me being gut, you can finish if you want.”

Edited by Mackenzie

Feral muttered with a frown, "Pain in my ass is what I'd name him..."

When Mackenzie told her to finish her statement about Jack gutting him, the adolescent's frown deepened as she warned him, "Listen Zie, can't hang around with us. Bad for health. Jack has us in his sights - not you, not yet. Run don't walk!"

Edited by T. A. Murrow

It took Yetti days to fully recover from the injuries sustained on the day of the arena battle and finally wake up from the sleep that followed. The cut didn't necessarily cut in too deeply, but the toxic nuclear waste that littered the creature had infected his wound, on top of the near shut down of his lungs, caused his body to nearly shut down and go into a subsequent pause, until he finally regained consciousness, waking up to a raging migraine, and a ravenous, aching hunger. He slowly sat up on his elbows, looking around the Medical Tent in confusion, until the memories returned. It took him a few minutes to realize what had happened during the battles at the Pit. He was utter disbelief at first, killing off so many opponents. He questioned  his survival, and the reality of the fight. He shakily tried to get up out of the bed while the tent was empty, and, like a new born Radstag, shakily walked toward the exit of the tent. He had been through injuries before, so his reintroduction to the conscious world allowed him to regain strength rather quickly. Albeit, he was still weakened, but he figured that, if his memory was fair to him, the other Raiders would likely be in fear of him, or rather pissed by losing out on potentially hundreds of caps. Which came to his mind as he exit the Tent, and squinted at the bright sunlight outside, asking himself in the back of his mind where his caps were.

Mackenzie will look at Mackenzie quizzically and say “um no im staying im seeing this through and I helped him too our fate is the same and I dont care about what might happen im 25 years old, your 15 you have more to live for and your SOMEWHAT cuter than me if I stay Jack will probably focus on me not you, plus I dont want any ACCIDENTS happening to the stranger while im gone”

Mackenzie will look at the stranger and say “I personally would have named him Rocky”

Mackenzie will walk to the tent with food and water in his hands and say “ Rocky your awake finally want me to show you where you will be bunking?”

he will see how shaky he is and sigh and say “ if your not ready to stand dont force yourself we need you 100% for some stuff you count as a squad of recruits so you’ll probably get the work as a squad to be honest, im NOT carying you at all walk or lay down.”

He looks back to Mack as he speaks to him, and Yetti smirks at the comment to how badly he was walking. "I might not be able to walk really well, but I can still shoot...in the general direction of whatever I'm gunning for, at the very least." He scratches the back of his neck and looks down at his bare, heavily scarred chest. It was quite the trophy indeed, at least in his eyes. Another grotesque story to add to his collection. Another thought popped up in his head after he made the sly comment, and asks quizzically. "Rocky? What's that for?"

Mackenzie will look at the stranger and say “ok and just a name I gave you until I found out yours feral had a much more elaborate one but I choose to use mine instead speaking of her, your bunking with her and shes the only reason your alive so treat her better than you treat yourself, whats your name?”

Sledge, still standing a few feet away, scoffs at Mackenzies comment.

"The only reason he is alive is because he can fight." He explained in a gruff voice. "The girl didn't save him, and Jack didn't ALLOW him to live. He merely gave him the opportunity to prove that his life mattered."

He looked down at Yetti. "If he wanted you dead, you'd be dead. Keep that in mind. That aside, you fought well.... but you killed some of my best creatures while you were at it. Come find me when you're healed proper, and we'll talk about how you can make up for that."