Jack the Ripper

Beyond the Wall

313 posts in this topic

On the trip back, Feral's brown eyes would flutter open from time time. Then the gentle rocking of being carried on a stretcher by the two slaves would put her to sleep again. She wasn't sure how long she was out each time, just felt each sleep period was shorter than the last. The preteen didn't know exactly what was wrong with her head other than being bloodied, but knew something was up with it even if she didn't think it was too serious because she was still alive and kicking.

When the young pack leader was awake enough, she talked to her slave stretcher bearers and the small boy and his mother who fetched her water.  They wanted her to tell them about their new home and the Scourge and she didn't spare them the truth. Feral told them they would be safe, fed three times a day and as long as they pulled their weight and followed orders, wouldn't be harmed. That seemed to relieve them although Feral didn't understand why it did, but then she treasured her liberty way too much to ever be a slave again.

When awake, Feral herself would continually ask as to Inga's welfare, disturbed that she had yet to awaken. She was still mad at her "adopted" mother for bucking her authority - especially in front of the rest of the pack - but she cared intensely for the older warrior woman. Feral wasn't sure why she cared so much only that she did and that something important would me missing from her life if Inga died.

The trip back was fairly uneventful. Mole rats attacked again, but that just provided them with fresh provisions. Most four legged creatures gave them a wide berth because of the large size of the party. Two legged varmints took one look at the heavily armed threesome of Yetti, Lucky and Mackenzie and also avoided them. Soon, Feral could see the huge main gate of the Scourge Scrapyard in the distance. 

"Okay, okay stop! NOW!" Her Stretcher bearers did as she commanded, and Feral swung her short legs to the stretcher's side and hopped off despite the fact that it made her injured head swim.

The young raider put her metal motorcycle helmet back on her head wincing at the pain as she walked to the front of the caravan thinking to herself, "No way I'm going to be carried into Scrapyard after such a successful mission. Jack might be watching."

Mackenzie is waiting outside the Barracks for Feral. “Oi Feral, is Inga going to be ok?” Mackenzie asks her if he sees her. Mackenzie respects Inga for being like a mom to Feral, it was more than he could ever do. He never knew how to be a mom or dad so he was always a good brother, but that only goes so far and Mackenzie is overjoyed that Feral has a mom figure to add on to the Father figure that is Yetti. 

“Oi wait a second, if they got together that would be like a REAL family... hmmmmm.” Mackenzie thinks to himself trying to think about how compatible the two are with each other. Basically playing match maker in his mind.

Feral sat cross-legged on a rock sharpening her new Bowie knife in view of the Scrapyard's main gate, glancing at it with big brown doe-like eyes from time-to-time looking for the rest of her Pack. She is humming an old pre-war tune, "Everything is Awesome" as she waits on the others. 

Feral has a wicked grin on her cute cherubic face a she sits in her black metal armor. She is there early because she is very aware of image. The young Raider is the Pack Leader and she is very aware that being a skinny thirteen year old means she must even more than most look and act the part of leader to the rest of the Scourge if she is ever to become Jack's second in command.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Inga would've gathered everything, she steps out of the gates with a LAER slinged around her right shoulder along with her brown backpack onto her back.
The raider's LAER is completely customized with a automatic reloader  that uses Microfusion Cells as their ammo, Its style of the LAER has some sort of weird looking whiteish blueish paint on it, across the body it's labeled with "BIG MT" with some scientific sketches on it, Inga made a homemade cross hair for her laser rifle.
The woman holds a binoculars and looks through it to check it if it works, proceeding to attach the binoculars onto her toolbelt. "Is everyone ready?"  Inga said on a pretty confident tone, the raider has typical innappropiate raider armor on, her ass and breasts are almost hanging out but somehow stays in place. Two big circled caps are covering Inga's nipples. 

Inga's armor is like this,

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Feral grinned still sharpening her knife then stopped to comment, "No one's here yet but me Inge."

The teenager hopped of her rock perch, sheathing her Bowie knife and clasping her small hands behind her back circled slowly around Inge, her brown eyes taking in every bit of Inge's new outfit, in particular the lack of bits, before saying, "Looking good Inge although I'm not sure that armor will protect much - not that I'm complaining. While all the enemy are looking at you, I can pick them off, easy-peasy!"

The preteen Pack Leader hopped back up on her rock, sitting in her haunches there thinking as she looked at Inge, "Yetti is going to be sooooo sorry."

Metal_armor_female.png

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Lucky made his way outside gear loaded up along with weapons and ammo...his custom 1991's are in his matching shoulder holsters and Theas python sits nicely in the westerns drop loop gun belt...the leather work had been a labor of love by him and a friend who taught him to do the work...wearing it was a way of honoring his memory...as he stepped outside he approached the pair of raider girls...getting quite the eyeful of Ingas backside...as he approached he laughed loudly and spoke in his back to normal charismatic tone...

"Yup...that'll do it...poor Yetti..."

Lucky motions to ingas backside pointing for emphasis...

"'Butt'...im sure he will be trying to take a ride on the SS Inga by the time we get back to the fort..."

lucky cant help but laugh...

"boy i 'CRACK' myself up"

lucky smiles then looks Inga in the eye proudly...

"seriously though inga...good for you...give em hell"

Yetti would have gone back to the Barracks to gather up his gear and throw his usual combat gear on, although he would leave the hood on his ragged robe/scarf down, and have his half mask up on his face. He took another visit to Shit and Crap to restock on provisions and ammunition, as well as some medical supplies, and stuff the equipment into different labeled pockets of his backpack, the biggest pouch having a bullet symbol slapped onto it, the secondest largest having medical, and then the smaller ones would have misc items. He also got a brand new machete, which would now hang at his side. Yetti arrives outside the gate, regrouping with his crew, and it didn’t take long for him to notice Inga and her lady bits literally falling out of her armor. He stopped and couldn’t help but say, “So...you got hit by a shotgun on the last run, when you had some good armor on, and now you’re going out with...” He trailed off and scratches his neck, clearly confused. “Well I guess it helps with mobility...” He steps toward the front of the group and looks out at the Wastes waiting for them. “Well, what’s the plan here, kid?” He asks while looking over at Feral.

"The plan?" Feral looked confused for a second than said with a lopsided grin and a hopeful tone, "Well first I want a birthday party. I don't know the year I was born let alone the day, but I gotta be thirteen by now, maybe even fourteen. Now if I'm thirteen or fourteen, I'm officially a teenager so The Scourge will have to stop still thinking  of me as some immature kid. They won't be able to just dismiss me and my ideas for being too young - at least not as easily - and then I'll... "

The young Pack Leader saw the expression on Yetti's face and let the sentence trail off before her brown eyes widened as she realized that he was asking about her short term plan to destroy the slaver base and not her long term plan to advance within the Scourge leadership so Feral answered frankly, "I have no exact plan and won't have one until we recon the area.  I've studied the map and the territory doesn't look like the type that would support another cave complex, but that still leaves a lot of room as to what type of natural protection they might have due to the terrain. We know they used both men, animals, and mechanical guards and had a sophisticated surveillance system at the last slaver base we raided, and can expect the same at our target. But what specific format? Won't know until we look."

Feral stepped forward so that her intense gaze could encompass the whole Pack before announcing in a loud voice so that all of them could hear but not those on the wall, "Assaults work well with our talents Pack mates, but I'd like to try something different. I talked to some of the ex-military old guys in the Scourge about the pre-war special ops squads, and one thing came out in all their stories: Special ops teams stuck together, fighting systematically as a team, watching each other's backs and not going off on their own special missions."

Feral looked pointedly at Lucky with that last remark, then continued, "We stick together on this assault unless Yetti or me determine that a tactical opportunity arises that we need to separate to take advantage of. Even then, we take our battle buddy with us - none of us go off on their own except me. We got only five of us so I'll stay with the team unless needed elsewhere but I'll be the floater if we have to separate into teams. Besides, with my shadowed armor and my skills, I'm the sneakiest fucker here."

The teen Pack Leader started down the road towards their target gesturing ahead like she was a wagon master of old, her smile turning wicked as she said over her shoulder, "Yetti will determine the two partnerships, based on complimentary skills. Be sure and settle disputes any of you have with another of you before we get to the slaver base. I don't want any personal disputes fucking up this mission. Let's go Pack!"

As the young girl headed own the road, she sung melodically to herself in a low tone, "A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go; heigh-ho, the dairy-oh, a hunting we will go. A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go; we'll take a foe and put him in a box, and then we'll take his stuff..."

Lucky nodded and pulled out his picture of circled and marked out people....

"Theses guys...the ones circled without and X through em...if you see em...and if you can do it without endagering yourselfs...please leave them for me...they are...they are the ones who took my Thea...I...I need this...i need to finish it...not just for her...but for me..."

Edited by ALilTooStrange

Feral keeps walking forward but shouts over her shoulder without turning around as she does, "Yeah, Yeah Lucky, if one of us can catch one of them on your hit list we'll hogtie them where upon the successful completion of Jack's mission, you can torture them to death to your heart's content. However, if any Pack member is endangered in either life or limb, my orders stand to kill the mother fucker without pause. Pack members lives and Jack's mission take priority over personal vendettas, no questions asked!"

Lucky nodded his head...

"Absolutely...if your backs against a wall...kill em...but make it hurt...only if you can handle it will you attempt to hogtie or whatever....and... thank you all...it feels nice to have a crew again..."

Leading the way, Feral thought on what Lucky said, "It feels nice to have a crew again," meaning he does know how to operate as a part of a team, but what of his other personalities? Grim might, but Joshua, absolutely not if the last mission was any indication. He immediately pursued his vendetta splitting away from the group as soon as possible - and almost getting himself killed when the entrance to the cave slaver base was blown up. Joshua was unreliable, so Feral had to think of some way to keep Lucky, or even Grim, in charge.

"Easier said than done," Thought Feral to herself, "But what of the others?"

Inge had gone through some sort of identity crisis since her near fatal injury on the last injury. Gone was the Viking facade, arrived was a half-nude stereotypical Raider chick. Unlike the old Inge who disdained firearms, the new Inge was packing. Feral wished she had taken the time to see if the warrior woman's fighting skills had diminished any from the transformation.

"I hope she doesn't hesitate during this assault due either to her injury or her personality change,"  Thought the young Pack Leader frowning as she walked. " And who the hell is Spook? I need to have a deep discussion with mommy when we rest tonight."

Feral smiled again when she thought of Mackenzie, her oldest Scourge friend and adopted big brother. Although a bit more silent and introspective these days, she knew she could depend on him to watch her back in an assault. That is, if his berserker tendency didn't take over.

"Now if Zie could just get over his fascination with the Bone Carver," Thought Feral frowning before her face went impassive again as her thoughts turned to Yetti.

Yetti was the thirteen year old Pack Leader's second-in command, experienced and dependable, who she valued for his tactical advice. He was her rock, her anchor, and to her the "daddy" of this pseudo family. The problem with Yetti to her was he had limits to what he would do: A moral code of sort whose extent she didn't know yet.  Feral worried what would happen if one of these days she or someone else in the Scourge leadership, even Jack himself, tried to push Yetti over his limit. She really didn't want to see Yetti thrown into the Iron Coffin in the Red Corner by Jack. In her own twisted manipulative egotistical way, Feral liked Yetti.

"Although sometimes I don't think he can get past my age and stuff," Feral thought with more than a little rancor.

Feral walked pondering on her pack but still aware of her surroundings, her brown eyes scanning the foliage on either side of the road as well as looking for tracks in the road itself, both human and creature as the young Raider thought, "What a group of crazy misfits we are! Probably why Jack uses us for such missions. If we die nobody will miss us. We're expendables. But if I can get the them to act as a team, I'll show Jack and the rest of the Scourge leadership that the Pack is a force to be reckoned with!"

Edited by T. A. Murrow