Kooduh

MacGruber's C.A.M.P.

361 posts in this topic

In the moments before the figure crumbled, Genie hadn't fully processed the situation, information being a scarcity as it is.  She deduced one possibly this crystaline figure could very well be the doctor, or mistaken identity, if so, a very sick elaborate hoax.  The cane was compelling evidence, however, she only knew one thing for sure the very physical reaction of her friend is very real.  TA's obvious pain as real as the tears pouring from her beautiful liquidy green eyes. 

Genie's heart broke for her.  Regardless of what's true, or perseaved as true she needed to be there for her friend, fellow vault resident, sister...her girlfriend.

Genie put all her deductive reasoning aside, ran to TA's and fell to her knees with her.  Ignoring the burning scrapes from the irradiated asphalt, she hugged her tightly and cried with her.

"I shoulda... I never... if I hadn't..." Blubbers T.A. drowning in her own tears, never having felt such pain and overwhelming sadness as the apparent death of her father brought her.

The young medic clutches at Genie holding her tightly. The medical professional in her head says to remain where they are is to ask for more radiation to enter their bodies but the screams of the anguished other voices in her head drown out that voice of reason. T.A. tries to stop crying, to take control of her emotions, but all such control is long gone. Only a persistent black whole in the center of her very being remains.

"I never shoulda left him alone Genie," Exclaims the teenager confessing not only her guilt as to her father's death but her fear that now she is all alone as well.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Before the waterworks started, MacGruber was trailing along with TA and Genie.  Genie stormed off muttering to herself getting louder and louder with each step.

In the early moments when they departed the fun park, MacGruber was utterly confused.  First they convince him the people are crazy and ok to kill, now they are all "save the crazies" and now it's bad to kill them. 

"Women...I don't understand 'em.  They're always changing their minds" MacGruber mumbled to himself, glance around for Tony to see where he was.  Maybe he could back him up on this.

TA ran up to one of the crispy ones and hugged it.  When it broke she and Genie started balling there eyes out.  All hell was beaking loose, and the women have gone totally bonkers.  He could only think maybe they are turning into crazy people and shuttered to think he'd have to fight them.

"What? What's going on? You ladies freaking me out... I'm so confused!". He pleaded for an explanation.  "...and I might be a dumbass, but I think sitting in the radiation will make you sick."

Edited by Kooduh

Still crying, T.A. stood up taking Genie with her then shuffled over to MacGruber handing him the cane and stuttering, "P-p-p-p-papa's d-d-d-d-dead," explaining  before falling to her knees with Genie again, still weeping but at least out of the radiation.

MacGruber just stood there in complete disbelief, not in denial, not doubting, but it's just not sinking in.  It seamed impossible, the Doctor is supposed to be the one healing, not dieing.

There are so many questions to ask, but he couldn't think of one.  He just stood there in shock staring at the rubble that was once a man.  He could feel the anger welling up.

"How can this happen?"

As if in answer to MacGruber's question, the foursome hear far in the distance the an eerie screeching scream along with the "flap, flap" sound of giant wings. T.A. looks up, clearing the tears out of her eyes with the back of one slender hand seeing a huge dragon-like creature with a bat's head flying far above the forest not that far away. The teen medic stands up spitting out the word, "Scorchbeast!" as she pulls from her shoulder holster her scoped tricentennial 10 mm. pistol, aiming with one closed green eye at the creature as she walks calmly down the road towards it.

"Ya'll gonna die," T.A. screams hysterically as she fires her low caliber automatic pistol as fast her pale finger can pull the trigger at the hovering dark green monster as she got closer to it

"What the hell is that...?". Genie barely got the question out before the shooting started.  The flying beast was already changing direction and heading there way.

"Nooo! Don't shoot at it!"  She looked around for cover, somewhere to hide.  She spotted a burned out trailer in a mining encampment off the road about 50 meters.  She judged the distance and speed of the creature.

"There! The trailer! We can make it!". It was her only hope to safe there lives.

Genie tackled TA throw her over her shoulder, even in the heat moment she noted TA's lack of weight, she was as light as a feather.

"We can't get infected! We have to take cover!"

Genie sprinted as fast as she could, when she got them to the trailer she whipped the door open, tossed TA inside, then dove in after her.  Before she could turn to slam the door shut the flying beast emitted a shockwave of green energy.  She could feel the heat off the radiation warm her body, and singe he thin clothing.  Instantly her stomach turned sour.

She fell back inside the trailer, now with her hunting rifle aim out the door, she fired blindly several times.

"Mack! Tony! Help!". She kept firing out the door. "TA keep shooting!"

The feeling sick to her stomach, was almost ignored, save for the PIP-boy warning, and the tunnel vision.  Genie scooted weakily away from the trailer entrance, and kicked the door shut.  She took out a RadAway, she could barely hold onto it, but was able to administer the chem.

"Ahhh, better."

"We'll have to kill it! But don't get radiated!"

A person with an impulse control disorder is often unable to resist the sudden, forceful urge to do something that may violate the rights of others, or bring about conflict with societal norms. These impulsive behaviors may occur repeatedly, quickly and without consideration of the consequences of that behavior.

Unbeknownst to Mr. MacGruber, is his affliction of the aforementioned disorder.  Furthermore the most dangerous thing about ICD, is being unaware of it's presents.

*KABOOM*KABOOM*

Two explosions erupted on each wing of the beast, the beast staggered to the ground flopping it's crippled wings wildly.

"AHHH-EEEEE-AIIIIIIII-AHHHHH!!!!!". MacGruber bellowed out a made-up spontaneous battle cry as he seemingly flew through the air with his rocket powered spiked Clubbie weilding above his head.

He landed on the beasts back, his club connected three times on the top of its horny skull.

"Stay away from my friends, bitch!"

The beast seamed to absorb the blows, but it was bleeding now, and unable to fly.  It bucked like a bronco, and flung MacGruber to the ground, he tried to stand, but it's long whippy tail struck him on the shoulder, causing him to spin a 360, then fall back down.  

The angry, wounded, and scorched beast reared up, it appeared to be taking a breath.

"Haha, getting tired, bitch?". MacGruber taunted the creature.

The beast screeched an ear piercing, blood curdling, spine shivering scream.  Green rings of radiation shot from it's mouth toward MacGruber where he lay on the ground.  He rolled quickly ducking just in time behind a boulder.  He could feel the radiation brush his back like fire.

"Haaaaa, ya missed!  My turn!"

Two more grenades hurled through the air from behind the boulder.

*KABOOM*KABOOM*

The specially "MacGruber" made explosives violently detonated at the beasts hind legs.

"Had enough yet?"

"AHHH-EEEEE-AIIIIIIII-AHHHHH!!!!!". The battled cry echoed the wasteland again.  MacGruber ran circles around the tiring beast, swinging like a wild man as it tried to snap at him with it's only remaining weapon.  It's strong quick jaws snapped at him, slinging irritated saliva, drops of the saliva burned his skin.

Undeterred, MacGruber kept running around swinging, "Die-die-die-die".  He swung and swung and swung his club with his eyes closed, because the fumes of acid burned them.  He didn't notice the beast was no longer moving, he just kept swinging dispite his arms feeling like noodles.

Edited by Kooduh

T.A. sighed, feeling empty that the battle was so anticlimactic. She thought with the scorch beast dead she would feel somewhat better about her Papa's death but nothing could be further from the truth. All she felt was an overwhelming melancholy.

The teen medic holstered her tricentenial 10 mm. in her shoulder holster as she yelled at MacGruber, "I think it's dead Mr. MacGruber," Then turned to Genie and asked with a frown, "Now what do we do?"

MacGruber could barely lift Clubbie one more time, he stopped midswing at the sound of her voice.

"TA!? Genie!? Are you ok?". He called out to the wrecked camp trailer.  Then he looked through blurry vision, at the beast that lay there dead, but still quivering.  He could barely see, and was sick to his stomach, he flopped to the ground hugging his belly with both arms.

"I think I'm going to be sick"

Yeah, I think the critter must a been sick too in order to be killed so quickly," Opined T.A. with a sweet smile but then hurried to his side with a look of concern of her pretty freckled face.

When the teen medic got to his side, she led MacGruber away from the scorch beast's corpse to sit under a tree than checked his vitals with her Pip-Boy. She gave him a canister of water and an antacid before sitting next to him with her blonde haired head in her two pale head overcome with a sudden grief-stricken melancholy.