Kooduh

MacGruber's C.A.M.P.

387 posts in this topic

In the moments before the figure crumbled, Genie hadn't fully processed the situation, information being a scarcity as it is.  She deduced one possibly this crystaline figure could very well be the doctor, or mistaken identity, if so, a very sick elaborate hoax.  The cane was compelling evidence, however, she only knew one thing for sure the very physical reaction of her friend is very real.  TA's obvious pain as real as the tears pouring from her beautiful liquidy green eyes. 

Genie's heart broke for her.  Regardless of what's true, or perseaved as true she needed to be there for her friend, fellow vault resident, sister...her girlfriend.

Genie put all her deductive reasoning aside, ran to TA's and fell to her knees with her.  Ignoring the burning scrapes from the irradiated asphalt, she hugged her tightly and cried with her.

"I shoulda... I never... if I hadn't..." Blubbers T.A. drowning in her own tears, never having felt such pain and overwhelming sadness as the apparent death of her father brought her.

The young medic clutches at Genie holding her tightly. The medical professional in her head says to remain where they are is to ask for more radiation to enter their bodies but the screams of the anguished other voices in her head drown out that voice of reason. T.A. tries to stop crying, to take control of her emotions, but all such control is long gone. Only a persistent black whole in the center of her very being remains.

"I never shoulda left him alone Genie," Exclaims the teenager confessing not only her guilt as to her father's death but her fear that now she is all alone as well.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Before the waterworks started, MacGruber was trailing along with TA and Genie.  Genie stormed off muttering to herself getting louder and louder with each step.

In the early moments when they departed the fun park, MacGruber was utterly confused.  First they convince him the people are crazy and ok to kill, now they are all "save the crazies" and now it's bad to kill them. 

"Women...I don't understand 'em.  They're always changing their minds" MacGruber mumbled to himself, glance around for Tony to see where he was.  Maybe he could back him up on this.

TA ran up to one of the crispy ones and hugged it.  When it broke she and Genie started balling there eyes out.  All hell was beaking loose, and the women have gone totally bonkers.  He could only think maybe they are turning into crazy people and shuttered to think he'd have to fight them.

"What? What's going on? You ladies freaking me out... I'm so confused!". He pleaded for an explanation.  "...and I might be a dumbass, but I think sitting in the radiation will make you sick."

Edited by Kooduh

Still crying, T.A. stood up taking Genie with her then shuffled over to MacGruber handing him the cane and stuttering, "P-p-p-p-papa's d-d-d-d-dead," explaining  before falling to her knees with Genie again, still weeping but at least out of the radiation.

MacGruber just stood there in complete disbelief, not in denial, not doubting, but it's just not sinking in.  It seamed impossible, the Doctor is supposed to be the one healing, not dieing.

There are so many questions to ask, but he couldn't think of one.  He just stood there in shock staring at the rubble that was once a man.  He could feel the anger welling up.

"How can this happen?"

As if in answer to MacGruber's question, the foursome hear far in the distance the an eerie screeching scream along with the "flap, flap" sound of giant wings. T.A. looks up, clearing the tears out of her eyes with the back of one slender hand seeing a huge dragon-like creature with a bat's head flying far above the forest not that far away. The teen medic stands up spitting out the word, "Scorchbeast!" as she pulls from her shoulder holster her scoped tricentennial 10 mm. pistol, aiming with one closed green eye at the creature as she walks calmly down the road towards it.

"Ya'll gonna die," T.A. screams hysterically as she fires her low caliber automatic pistol as fast her pale finger can pull the trigger at the hovering dark green monster as she got closer to it

"What the hell is that...?". Genie barely got the question out before the shooting started.  The flying beast was already changing direction and heading there way.

"Nooo! Don't shoot at it!"  She looked around for cover, somewhere to hide.  She spotted a burned out trailer in a mining encampment off the road about 50 meters.  She judged the distance and speed of the creature.

"There! The trailer! We can make it!". It was her only hope to safe there lives.

Genie tackled TA throw her over her shoulder, even in the heat moment she noted TA's lack of weight, she was as light as a feather.

"We can't get infected! We have to take cover!"

Genie sprinted as fast as she could, when she got them to the trailer she whipped the door open, tossed TA inside, then dove in after her.  Before she could turn to slam the door shut the flying beast emitted a shockwave of green energy.  She could feel the heat off the radiation warm her body, and singe he thin clothing.  Instantly her stomach turned sour.

She fell back inside the trailer, now with her hunting rifle aim out the door, she fired blindly several times.

"Mack! Tony! Help!". She kept firing out the door. "TA keep shooting!"

The feeling sick to her stomach, was almost ignored, save for the PIP-boy warning, and the tunnel vision.  Genie scooted weakily away from the trailer entrance, and kicked the door shut.  She took out a RadAway, she could barely hold onto it, but was able to administer the chem.

"Ahhh, better."

"We'll have to kill it! But don't get radiated!"

A person with an impulse control disorder is often unable to resist the sudden, forceful urge to do something that may violate the rights of others, or bring about conflict with societal norms. These impulsive behaviors may occur repeatedly, quickly and without consideration of the consequences of that behavior.

Unbeknownst to Mr. MacGruber, is his affliction of the aforementioned disorder.  Furthermore the most dangerous thing about ICD, is being unaware of it's presents.

*KABOOM*KABOOM*

Two explosions erupted on each wing of the beast, the beast staggered to the ground flopping it's crippled wings wildly.

"AHHH-EEEEE-AIIIIIIII-AHHHHH!!!!!". MacGruber bellowed out a made-up spontaneous battle cry as he seemingly flew through the air with his rocket powered spiked Clubbie weilding above his head.

He landed on the beasts back, his club connected three times on the top of its horny skull.

"Stay away from my friends, bitch!"

The beast seamed to absorb the blows, but it was bleeding now, and unable to fly.  It bucked like a bronco, and flung MacGruber to the ground, he tried to stand, but it's long whippy tail struck him on the shoulder, causing him to spin a 360, then fall back down.  

The angry, wounded, and scorched beast reared up, it appeared to be taking a breath.

"Haha, getting tired, bitch?". MacGruber taunted the creature.

The beast screeched an ear piercing, blood curdling, spine shivering scream.  Green rings of radiation shot from it's mouth toward MacGruber where he lay on the ground.  He rolled quickly ducking just in time behind a boulder.  He could feel the radiation brush his back like fire.

"Haaaaa, ya missed!  My turn!"

Two more grenades hurled through the air from behind the boulder.

*KABOOM*KABOOM*

The specially "MacGruber" made explosives violently detonated at the beasts hind legs.

"Had enough yet?"

"AHHH-EEEEE-AIIIIIIII-AHHHHH!!!!!". The battled cry echoed the wasteland again.  MacGruber ran circles around the tiring beast, swinging like a wild man as it tried to snap at him with it's only remaining weapon.  It's strong quick jaws snapped at him, slinging irritated saliva, drops of the saliva burned his skin.

Undeterred, MacGruber kept running around swinging, "Die-die-die-die".  He swung and swung and swung his club with his eyes closed, because the fumes of acid burned them.  He didn't notice the beast was no longer moving, he just kept swinging dispite his arms feeling like noodles.

Edited by Kooduh

T.A. sighed, feeling empty that the battle was so anticlimactic. She thought with the scorch beast dead she would feel somewhat better about her Papa's death but nothing could be further from the truth. All she felt was an overwhelming melancholy.

The teen medic holstered her tricentenial 10 mm. in her shoulder holster as she yelled at MacGruber, "I think it's dead Mr. MacGruber," Then turned to Genie and asked with a frown, "Now what do we do?"

MacGruber could barely lift Clubbie one more time, he stopped midswing at the sound of her voice.

"TA!? Genie!? Are you ok?". He called out to the wrecked camp trailer.  Then he looked through blurry vision, at the beast that lay there dead, but still quivering.  He could barely see, and was sick to his stomach, he flopped to the ground hugging his belly with both arms.

"I think I'm going to be sick"

"Yeah, I think the critter must a been sick too in order to be killed so quickly," Opined T.A. with a sweet smile but then hurried to his side with a look of concern of her pretty freckled face.

When the teen medic got to his side, she led MacGruber away from the scorch beast's corpse to sit under a tree than checked his vitals with her Pip-Boy. She gave him a canister of water and an antacid before sitting next to him with her blonde haired head in her two pale hands overcome with a sudden grief-stricken melancholy.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Before Genie plodding over to her friends who were already set and resting under the large oaken shade tree.  She lagged behind only a moment to eat some Rad-Awy.  She wondered in that moment how there could be such a contrast of enviroments in such close proximity to each other.  She waved that thought hoping they could avoid the burning wasteland for as long as possible.

She plopped down beside TA, without thinking she sat by her rather than MacGruber.  Equally mindlessly, she rubbed TA's back while she spoke to her, as calm and sincere as she could.

"I am deeply sorry for the loss of your Papa, my heart breaks for you"

She swallowed hard to choke back more crying, the adrenaline still pumping from the fighting helped, some.  Looking at the lifeless beast before them was a reminder of the reality. 

"Maybe it was sick, maybe it's a baby...I hope it doesn't have an angry mother somewhere...". She paused thoughtfully.

"TA I'm scared..." She interrupted that train of thought. "...Mack and me got hit with some form of radiation....  Here, listen to this"

Genie accessed her PIP-boy files under the heading of 'HOLO', she scolled down, mumbling to herself as she did.

"Ahh, here, this one. I made a copy from Mom's, err, the Overseer's journals.   She press play and fast forwarded to the excerpt.

**"I learned that a Responder scientist was developing an inoculation to protect against Scorched mutations. The work was being carried out in a laboratory at AVR Medical"**

It finished playing, Genie's otherwise perfect skin turned pale, and beads of sweat formed on her smooth forehead.  Her big brown eyes teared up while longingly staring into TA's welcoming green eyes.  

With their eyes connected, she felt she wanted to explain, but couldn't speak.  The words just hung loosely on her supple lips, that only quivered but made no sound.  Maybe by not saying it would keep it from being true.

T.A.'s blonde head tilted, her own full lips parting slightly, her green eyes almost closing, wanting to lean forward and kiss Genie, to lose herself in the intensity of that kiss, thinking of neither the past nor the future, just the moment.

Blinking her large green eyes several times as she cleared her mind, the teen medic shook her head, bringing herself back to reality as she forced a smile and said reassuringly while it was her turn to put a strong but comforting arm around her friend's shoulders, "Then that's our next stop: AVR Medical. If there is such as inoculation against that there Scorch Beast disease, then we ain't gonna stop until we find it."

T.A.took to her feet, looking first to her right, then to her left, before the teenager bit her lower lip and asked, "Y'all got any idea where this AVR Medical is?"

Genie closed her eyes to try to relax, the sounds around her echoed in her head, the gravity of the situation mounted.  Among all that, a magnetic force pulled her toward TA more and more, she readied he seductive pillowy lips to greet hers, without even a forethought.  "Just wanna feel sexy again", was the only thing on her mind.

An intrusion of the moment burst into her meditation, "Y'all got any idea where this AVR Medical is?" TA said loudly.

Genie blinked her eyes to focus one reality once again, feeling embarrassed and silly for thinking...

"Ohh, uhh, AVR yes, right". She fumbled for her map. "I was just thinking about 'kissing', uhuhuh, I mean 'finding'.  I was trying to rememberrr."

She slapped her forhead with the slip of the tongue.  Her cheeks turned Rosey, and she pasted on a smile to conceal it.  Not much could ever fluster Genie, but this was different, TA was different.

She found it on the map "Ah-ha, here.  This blue building directly...Oh God..." 

She thought, of all places, why there, the only quick route would be directly through the burning wasteland. Any other detour around might just take too long.  I might be crispy by then.

"...North.". She glupped in her dry throat with nothing to swallow.  A couple weeks ago nothing shook her, she would just do it, get it done. 

"We gotta just do it, beeline straight there.  We gotta, I gotta, you gotta. Otherwise we could be toast... literally, fricken toast"

Edited by Joe Fliptov

"Kissing." Genie's Freudian slip didn't get past T.A. As a teen medic, she had read more than one psychology book on the matter - and had made more than one such slip herself. Did it mean that Genie felt the same way about the teenager as she felt about Genie? T.A. felt that there was a good probability that it did.

Still, T.A.'s rational mind felt she had to stay focused on their new mission, not only for Genie's sake but for MacGruber's too. "Holy moley, I'm a medical professional," Thought the teen medic to herself, "And I've got two patients here who really, really need me, so get your act together T.A. !"

As Genie brought out her map, T.A. scooted over to sit right against her to better see the location of AVR Medical. However when T.A. did, she was overwhelmed by the older woman's naturally sweet scent like a fly to a Venus flytrap. The teenager wasn't sure that the wonderful warmth radiating from Genie's body was her own or whether T.A. had caught a fever. T.A.'s emotional side was struggling to push her rational mind aside.

Suddenly Genie was beginning to panic over the trek through the burning wasteland to get to their destination. Heedless of MacGruber's presence, T.A. impulsively reached over and grabbed Genie's muscular but soft shoulders with her thin hands pulling Genie to face her.  T.A. hesitated only for a moment, noting appreciatively Genie's rosy cheeks and lush lips, looking deep into Genie's eyes and seeing the desire there mirrored in her own. Closing her own eyes, the young girl pulled Genie into a long kiss, seductive in its simplicity, rich in affection and innocence, and ending way too soon.

T.A.'s bespectacled green eyes blinking several times as if just awakening from a dream, which in a way, she was, then as she let loose of Genie's shoulders to straighten her fogged glasses with both small hands, a blush traveled up her thin swan-like neck into her pale freckled cheeks as she stammered a lame excuse, "Uh... um... I... you... you... were getting hysterical and I had to do something. I... I didn't want to slap you to bring you out of it. A kiss is better than a slap, right?"

Edited by T. A. Murrow

MacGruber was exhausted, not just from all the swinging, but the 'girl drama' as well.  Normally stuff is no biggie, but his tummy is sick, and he didn't have much chain to jerk.

He sat with the girls for a minute, they started talking, and his brain couldn't stay focused.  

"ooo have idea" MacGruber thought.

He called up his CAMP devise and put up a chemistry set, and proceeded to make some fun exploding toys.  One of them including a new ingredient, Nuka-Quantum. 

He marvelled at the pretty blue glowing bomb, "Hey, guys look what I made!"

He turned around holding his new, pretty blue bomb high up so they could see it.  When he saw them, TA and Genie touch lips, his ear-to-ear grin went slack, and his arms fell to his sides.  

"Nononono, Oh no! Is everything ok? Is Genie not breathing?"

Remembering the time TA put her mouth in his, he thought it was Kaysie but it wasn't when he woke up.

"Do you need help? What can I do?"

Then the panic faded when Genie took out her map and was talking.

"Oh, hahaha, I feel dumb"

T.A. is still blushing although she looks incredibly sad when she stands up and faces MacGruber saying in a tired voice, "Everything is fine Mr. MacGruber," Then glancing at Genie adds, "Genie and I are just trying to figure out our next move."

The teenager laughs melodically when MacGruber asks if she needs help and she refuses saying, "No, don't think it's something y'all can help with Mr. MacGruber,  however it's probably not a good thing to set-up camp here, in case that dead critter's mama or PO'ed second cousin comes a looking for her."

The teen medic then goes over to where Genie is holding the map and speaking, although truth is that T.A. looks at Genie's beautiful face more than the map. When MacGruber makes his "dumb" comment, she looks at him with a sweet smile exclaiming, "You're not dumb Mr. MacGruber, you're... special!"

MacGruber, so tickled to be referred to as special, and pleased to see both friends were breathing normal, he forgot what they were talking about.

"Hey! check out my new bomb. It's all liquidy blue and purdy like TA's eyes"  He held it up to TA's face and giggled.  "Maybe the bomb is a little more dangerous though"

He joked, oblivious to the sexual tension in the air and/or medical urgency.

Edited by Kooduh

Genie stood, with hands on her curvaceous hips.  She studied the two.  She gave them a sideways grin, and deviation in her eyes when she spoke, her hips moved with the inflections for her words,

"A little more dangerous?  Humph, her eyes are a lot more dangerous." Genie walked slowly, circling her two friends studying them like a predator choosing between two hunks of meat.  Her eyes looked TA over head to toe.  "There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out."

She stood behind TA, and gently cupped her  hand over one cheek of TA's slender buttock with a feminine touch.  She whispered into TA's ear in a soft low tone.

"Mr. MacGruber thinks those gorgeous 'green' gems of yours match his 'blue' bomb.  Perhaps there is something wrong with our 'special' Mr MacGruber who is not quite so special, but quite possibly color blind."

Edited by Joe Fliptov

T.A.'s bespectacled blond head resembled that of a bird as she tried to keep track as Genie walked slowly around her and MacGruber. Her green eyes wide, she gulped visibly in her swan-like neck although her head jerked back quickly rather than swiveling all around like a birds. The teen girl's neck and cheeks blushed red when Genie refereed to her as a "bad girl found out" although she didn't deny it just licked her full lips and shifted from one small foot to the other nervously.

When Genie cupped T.A.'s ass with her gentle hand, the teen medic jumped whispering an observation without thinking and oblivious to Genie's clever comment, "I... I... I think I wet my pants."

Once Genie had finished her say, T.A. exclaimed to both her friends, "I... we got to get out of here! Away from the scourge beasts and towards the inoculations. We don't need any more of the former none and can't get the latter soon enough," Then T.A. turned her green eyes with a mischievous gleam to Genie, "After that, maybe I'll show ya how really, really dangerous I can be. It might not be my emerald eyes ya gotta worry about but more my silver tongue!"

T.A. was beginning to think she might like her new bad girl role.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

T.A. began their next quest with a heavy heart but also a lightness in her step. She had lost her father, but gained a new hope for her adopted family, and dare she say it, maybe a chance at true love in the future.

Edited by T. A. Murrow

Genie just smiled in amuzment with the 'wetting pants' comment, trying  hard not to  show that actually turned her on.  She quickly forced herself to behave in agreement to going towards the inoculations, away from the beasts.

Genie instinctively took the lead north, "Get down with your bad self Miss Danger, I mean stay low, that is", she whispered aloud. "Don't attack anything unless it attacks us..." Short pause and her dark brown eyes narrowed and shot daggers at MacGruber, "...Mack, that means youuu"

She bent at the waist, and knees to fast walk in a crouching position, her hunting rifle at the ready, fully aware her butt was practically in TA's face.

Thoughts raced through her mind, thinking back on all the preparation in the Vault to get Outside. She wanted it so bad.  Shooting practice,  Cardio exercising, weight lifting, crafting, computer skills.  With this new turn in relationship she found herself wishing she'd spent more time on her people skills.  Perhaps her failure with Mack was proof of that. 'What the heck just happened' Now she just doesn't know what to say orally, so she let her body do the talking, as usual, and let her brain stick the task at hand.

After a couple hundred yards Genie paused, glanced back to her friends longingly, "I plan on getting to the medical place before I crystalize, please tryyyy to keep up"  She said through the side of her mouth.  "And let me do the shooting, unless they get close, then go nuts with the shotgunning and the bombing.  Otherwise we keep sneaking. Deal?"

Edited by Joe Fliptov

T.A. shook her blonde tousled head vigorously in agreement with Genie's plan. As the teen medic moved forward crouching as she did, she was very aware as she did of Genie's pretty posterior but evaded her green eyes whenever possible.  When Genie stopped against and asked if the had a "deal," T.A. again shook her head vigorously in assent. However not long into their journey there was a rustling in the bushes in front of them and Genie stopped suddenly so that T.A.'s bespectacled freckled face slammed into Genies shapely rear when she stopped.

T.A. didn't have time to be embarrassed as her glasses went flying and as she felt around on the ground for them, something came out of the brush in front of her.

When Genie stopped suddenly, somebody bumped her in the rear-end.  With an "Oof" Genie fell forward onto all fours, flinging her rifle forward in the process.  She knew right away it was TA who knocked her over, breifly feeling her tiny nose in her butt crack, then a cute little squeak that followed.

"Easy girlfriend, there'll be time for that..."  Just then there was a startling rustle in the bush. 

Genie rolled onto her back to face TA, and the bush, there was no time to get the rifle off the dirt.  She pulled the Bowie knife from the strap on her thigh.

*Schwing*  The girthy blade flashed in the light when she swung it out in front of her.

"Who's there!"

In the same moment she noticed TA's glasses. "Oh crap".  She lunged for them, scooping the specs up, and slapping them in TA's hand while keeping an eye on the bush.

MacGruber's Clubbie was at the ready, rusty blood soaked nails protruding, and the rocket flame torched up, and danced heatedly near his face.  The light from the burning fuel revealed a crazed mad man, grizzled face, and wily eyes MacGruber appeared to really enjoy beating the crap outta things.  Something about the bruised and torn flesh of the enemy. "Wonder what is taste like"  He thought, just as he sprung up, and bashed downward with two handed force on the head of the bush dwelling assailant.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"  MacGruber yelled as he hit it a couple more times, not caring what or who it was, just that smashing things was fun, especially things that attack his friends.